Thursday 11 December 2008

Learning Spanish With Subliminal Messaging

My wife and I moved to Spain two years ago. I am quite happy with my progress in getting into our wonderful new life here. I wouldn’t say my Spanish is really great but I do understand most of what people say to me and I can make myself understood mostly. Sandra on the other hand was becoming increasingly frustrated with herself because she couldn’t get her brain and her mouth to work together on Spanish. She knew French as a second language so a random mixture of French, Engish, and Spanish would regularly be spoken at first.

It was 100% unconscious with her and the more and more she tried the more and more embarrassed and frustrated she got and the worse she felt inside. Now she is a really smart person but she just couldn’t get past the Spanish mental block.

So I got her a ‘Subliminal Spanish CD’, which is a really simpl but effective language learning aid. She listens to it twice a day, once in the morning and once at night while she goes about her usual business. It does not help her to learn grammar, verbs or syntax in itself. It isn’t a 'talk at you in Spanish thing'.

What it is; is unconscious encouragement to speed up her learning. In addition to her studying and everyday absorption of Spanish it gradually removes the barriers to her brains absorption of the vocabulary etc. She has stopped stumbling over her words and is no longer reticent about talking to our Spanish friends, and swears by the subliminal messages! It has improved her vocabulary and her recall of words. She goes about her studies with added concentration and understanding, and is even talking about going on to Catalan Spanish now.

No comments: